Kr5istofer's Thoughts


Shimmer

I have loved this song since the end of Junior High School. I never really listened to the lyrics till I was in high school though. This is a seriously cool and powerful song, and every time I break up with someone I usually have to listen to this song a few times. It seems to nail everything all the girls said to me when we broke up. Is love for fools who fall behind?

***

She calls me from the cold.
Just when I was low, feeling short of stable.
And all that she intends.
And all she keeps inside, isn't on the label.
She says she's ashamed.
And can she take me for awhile.
And cannot be a friend, we'll forget the past.
But maybe I'm not able.
And I break at the bend.
We're here and now, but will we ever be again.
'Cause I have found
All that shimmers in this world is sure to fade
Away again.
She dreams a champagne dream.
Strawberry surprise, pink linen and white paper
Lavender and cream.
Fields of butterflies, reality escapes her.
She says that love is for fools who fall behind.
And I'm somewhere in between.
I never really know,
A killer from a savior.
'Til I break at the bend
It's too far away for me to hold
It's too far away...
Guess I'll let it go.

0 Responses to “Shimmer”

Post a Comment


The Web This Blog

Music Pick

  • Spill Canvas
  • One Fell Swoop - 08.09.2005
  • So these songs were pretty good. I have always respected the opinions of my friends when it comes to new music, and again I was not let down when I was told to listen to this band. I don’t think you will be either.

Song of The Moment

  • Spill Canvas - Self-Conclusion

Flickr Pics

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from spaceboyx96 tagged with Badge. Make your own badge here.





My Stylin' RSS Feed

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates




© 2006 Kr5istofer's Thoughts | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.