Kr5istofer's Thoughts


Have you ever...

Have you ever wondered why you like certain things? Or why certain things effect you when it is obvious that others around you don't feel the same, or aren't effected the same way? I have this unhealthy obsession with music. If you didn't know that then you really don't know me, or are visiting my blog for the first time. I'm probably the only person I know that can listen to a song for the first time and immediately attach an emotion to it or feel chills go up and down my body.

Here I am at work working on an issue, sort of on auto pilot. I decide to put on my headphones, and listen to some music I have on my computer. I search through the iTunes library that is now 2800 some odd songs large. That is not much to be proud of I know, but for a work computer I think it is awesome! I see a band I haven't listened to in a few months. Dredge, I start to play my favorite album from them, El Cielo. Everything is going good, just helping this customer install our product again, then track 3 starts. I remember that I loved this song a while ago, the hook hits and my mind goes blank. I'm drawn into this swirly world of Depesche Mode-ish singing, with this awesome ghostly guitar that pushes your sensed to the point of exploding. The bass is so rich and solid that you almost miss how good the drums sound. I feel chills all over. Then I slowly come back to consciousness and realize that I'm still working with the person on the other end of the line wondering if I am still there. That is a song-gazm, that is why I want to continue to write music. This is just who I am. Now someone else will hear that same song and think that it's just a song. Not me, not me.

4 Responses to “Have you ever...”

  1. # Blogger famousjay

    I bet you're not the only person who feels like that the first time they hear a song. I can think of one other person, and probably their wickedly awesome younger sister who do the same thing.

    P.S. What's with the huge space at the end of your individual posts before the Comments link? Werid.  

  2. # Blogger BattleCat

    dude, I do it too. Remember the first time you played Until I wake up for me? Now I cant listen to that song without being transported to your basement or the scera shell befor a show and all the excitement of gearing up for Big River. Or that one time you played that song Being grone up isnt have as fun as groing up. its on the credits to Perfect score. I watched it the other day and was dancing in my room like we did in the booth of the shell.  

  3. # Blogger BattleCat

    ohh yeah, your friends are cuties!!  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    << ***NOTE: I have run into some issues with my Blog and Mozilla Firefox users. I'm trying to fix it, but it may take a while. Scrool down to see the posts, or use (sigh) IE

    The thought makes my skin crawl. It's bad enough that we are forced to run Siebel under IE. * puke * ... I just threw-up in my mouth a little. ;)  

Post a Comment


The Web This Blog

Music Pick

  • Spill Canvas
  • One Fell Swoop - 08.09.2005
  • So these songs were pretty good. I have always respected the opinions of my friends when it comes to new music, and again I was not let down when I was told to listen to this band. I don’t think you will be either.

Song of The Moment

  • Spill Canvas - Self-Conclusion

Flickr Pics

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from spaceboyx96 tagged with Badge. Make your own badge here.





My Stylin' RSS Feed

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates




© 2006 Kr5istofer's Thoughts | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.