Kr5istofer's Thoughts


X96 Online...

So I found a way to feel closer to home. I listen to X96 online when I'm at work, now if I could only develop a way to get streaming audio on my stereo in my car I can listen to X96 online all the time! I miss that station, and all it's cool antics. I really miss working there too. I'm sure if I had stayed I would have been let go just like my other friends were. Corporate downsizing is always awesome. I remember when Simmons Media (the owner) bought X96. There were talks of making it a country station, or some other format change. I would have died. Q99 left us and X96 was the only alternative representation in the state. I really like the mix of that station too. Alternative radio stations elsewhere are lame, they play songs that don't fit the format, and they play stuff that is way too old, and I mean 1973 old. X96 occasionally plays some Ramones stuff from back then, but not in regular rotation. While listening today I heard Tool, Smashing Pumpkins, and Our Lady Peace all in the same half hour. I love it. I'll stop crying for Utah now.

2 Responses to “X96 Online...”

  1. # Blogger shafnitz

    Man, I know how you feel. When I was in like 8th grade, I listened to a station called Power 102. This was back in the day when I thought Rap and Hip Hop were cool. They got taken over and changed into El Super Q. You can guess what music they played. It was a sad day. Now I'm anti-radio. I've been radio free for years!  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    My FM band is busted. Strange but true. So, my only choice is KSL. It's cool though... it grows on you after a while.  

Post a Comment


The Web This Blog

Music Pick

  • Spill Canvas
  • One Fell Swoop - 08.09.2005
  • So these songs were pretty good. I have always respected the opinions of my friends when it comes to new music, and again I was not let down when I was told to listen to this band. I don’t think you will be either.

Song of The Moment

  • Spill Canvas - Self-Conclusion

Flickr Pics

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from spaceboyx96 tagged with Badge. Make your own badge here.





My Stylin' RSS Feed

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates




© 2006 Kr5istofer's Thoughts | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.