Kr5istofer's Thoughts


Orson Scott Card

I wanted to post a link to an article written by Orson Scott Card about piracy in the media industry. I am someone as most of you know, who is a huge opponent of tougher copyright laws. I think the laws are too tough as it is, but that isn't the point I plan to argue or present. I believe that all parties involved with making movies, music, literature, or art need to be fairly compensated. I am a musician myself and if I ever get to the point where I can work professionally then my paychecks would come from royalties and would be protected under copyright laws. These laws need to exist, but the meaning of the law keeps changing to the whim of the industry. This needs to stop.

The article by Orson Scott Card brings up some interesting points about what the industry is complaining about. I personally believe that if the music industry wants to fight piracy then they need to find better music to produce, and not lynch the poor kid that downloaded a few crappy songs.

Please read it and tell me what you think.

Click Here

1 Responses to “Orson Scott Card”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I'm behind you Kr5is.

    My software is protected, but I know that it can be cracked in half a heartbeat.

    Why should I care? The people who buy, I'll provide "bend over backwards" support for. The people who "crack" probably weren't going to buy anyway.

    I'm not going to lose sleep over it.  

Post a Comment


The Web This Blog

Music Pick

  • Spill Canvas
  • One Fell Swoop - 08.09.2005
  • So these songs were pretty good. I have always respected the opinions of my friends when it comes to new music, and again I was not let down when I was told to listen to this band. I don’t think you will be either.

Song of The Moment

  • Spill Canvas - Self-Conclusion

Flickr Pics

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from spaceboyx96 tagged with Badge. Make your own badge here.





My Stylin' RSS Feed

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates




© 2006 Kr5istofer's Thoughts | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.