Kr5istofer's Thoughts


Dammit!

I want a Senate that isn't pro choice and anti-war, but also doesn't side with corporations and the wealthy.

I haven't really understood the seriousness of the Net Neutrality issue that the Senate has been debating. I finally took a look at it and I was sad to see what is happening. If you don't know what it is I'll try and make it clear.

Net Neutrality prevents service providers and network owners from blocking web pages, services, and connection to other networks. If Net Neutrality is removed then Service Providers will be able to limit the ability to connect to other networks or some web pages. This has already happened in the history of the internet and is wrong.

I visited the web page http://www.savetheinternet.com/ today. There is a link to show you which senators want to keep the internet the way it is, and who wants to remove net neutrality. A lot are undecided, however all but 1 who want to keep Net Neutrality are Democrat. I have voted Republican for most of my voting life because I think they do a better job at keeping the military strong and our borders safe, but I don't want to give a little take a little anymore. The internet is just fine the way it is, abortion is murder, corporations should be taxed more, oil companies need to be regulated or audited, War is a good thing, government officials need a pay cut, and everyone needs to wake up and realize that Americans live in a shell and are afraid to be offended and greedy. There are too many activists now, and not enough people actually doing something. I'm going to stop now...

3 Responses to “Dammit!”

  1. # Blogger shafnitz

    Well said. I concur.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    ooh, you are awesome...

    I found out about the whole net neutrality thing on craigslist, they have a link to an article about it on their main page...

    I read about it and was very upset...so I signed whatever petition thing, I even emailed my senator! heh...

    if you want to get involved at all, go to www.craislist.com and look down the left column for a link about net neutrality...they have a petition there for you to sign, they even have an automatic thing that finds your senator and links you to the webpage to email him about it.  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    oh that above comment was me ;) janelle. I forgot to sign my name, and haven't yet gotten an account to log in and post.  

Post a Comment


The Web This Blog

Music Pick

  • Spill Canvas
  • One Fell Swoop - 08.09.2005
  • So these songs were pretty good. I have always respected the opinions of my friends when it comes to new music, and again I was not let down when I was told to listen to this band. I don’t think you will be either.

Song of The Moment

  • Spill Canvas - Self-Conclusion

Flickr Pics

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from spaceboyx96 tagged with Badge. Make your own badge here.





My Stylin' RSS Feed

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates




© 2006 Kr5istofer's Thoughts | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.