Kr5istofer's Thoughts


I traded fate for love... That's what she said...

"Drowned World / Substitute For Love"

I traded fame for love
Without a second thought
It all became a silly a game
Some things cannot be bought

I got exactly what I asked for
Wanted it so badly
Running, rushing back for more
I suffered fools so gladly

And now I find
I've changed my mind

The face of you
My substitute for love
My substitute for love
Should I wait for you
My substitute for love
My substitute for love

I traveled round the world
Looking for a home
I found myself in crowded rooms
Feeling so alone

I had so many lovers
Who settled for the thrill
Of basking in my spotlight
I never felt so happy

Mmmmm, ooohhh, mmmmm
Famous faces, far off places
Trinkets I can buy
No handsome stranger, heady danger
Drug that I can try
No ferris wheel, no heart to steal
No laughter in the dark
No one-night stand, no far-off land
No fire that I can spark
Mmmmm, mmmmm

Now I find I've changed my mind
This is my religion

***

Sarah showed me this song a few years ago. I have relied on it before, but I think it has more meaning to me right now. It has started to hurt more now that I have seen her. I hope she has found what she is looking for. I am happy to have had the oppertunity to learn from her. I am glad to know that someone could love me.

2 Responses to “I traded fate for love... That's what she said...”

  1. # Blogger famousjay

    I think I can relate to that. I can imagine that if I saw Josh I'd feel similar- wait.. oh yeah. He didn't love me. Lol. But I bet I feel the same way about a couple other people, anyway. That's a cool song, by the way.  

  2. # Blogger ZackHarrison

    Kris,
    I know that I cannot relate to what you are experiencing. I'm not going to try. I just glad that I can read this and get to know my older brother more the way I want to. I love ya man,
    ~Zack~  

Post a Comment


The Web This Blog

Music Pick

  • Spill Canvas
  • One Fell Swoop - 08.09.2005
  • So these songs were pretty good. I have always respected the opinions of my friends when it comes to new music, and again I was not let down when I was told to listen to this band. I don’t think you will be either.

Song of The Moment

  • Spill Canvas - Self-Conclusion

Flickr Pics

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from spaceboyx96 tagged with Badge. Make your own badge here.





My Stylin' RSS Feed

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates




© 2006 Kr5istofer's Thoughts | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.