Kr5istofer's Thoughts


Sigur Rós...

Okay so I am so excited I almost don't sleep at night anymore. If found out about 3 months ago that one of my top 5 favorite bands will be playing a show in Las Vegas. I decided at that moment that I was not going to let anything stop me. Well I couldn't find anyone that really wanted to go. I have to admit that Sigur Rós is not the easiest music to understand or appreciate, after all the lyrics are in Icelandic or some made up language that the lead singer Jonsi made up. I love it though, it's almost as if every song has been crafted for you to have a heartbreak or healing. It is the best music to listen to when I am alone, or feeling sad. So I guess this would be the best time to listen, or to see them, seeing as I'm pretty sad lately. So I couldn't find anyone to go with me, not for lack of trying. I didn't realize that my friend Spin liked the band too, and his family lives in Vegas. So I asked him if he would want to go to Vegas and see a concert. He said hell yeah, so I got that taken care of, now to find tickets. Tickets went on sale about 2 months ago, and the only ones I could find were in the corners, then one day they were all gone. So I decided to check a broker. $115 per ticket, but I had decided to just spend it and do it. I had a friend who through an act of repentance from that broker had a $100 off coupon. He was generous enough to let me use it, which reminds me I still owe you dinner Sean! So I got them and they came today. Spin mentioned that his parents arranged a free condo in Vegas for us, so that makes it even better. I will have a vacation sort of. I have been listening to the new album non stop, and I don't really ever see myself getting tired of it. You do have to be in a certain mood to listen to them though. I tend to listen to them when I want to change something in my life, or I am going through something hard. Which I am for both... I highly recommend the entire collection. ( ) being my favorite so far, but I'm still deciding about Takk the new one. I'll see if Spin would be gracious enough to let me post yet another MP3 on his server so I can link to it here. Maybe I'll write a review of the album. I have always wanted to do that.

So I have been hinting around the fact that I'm sad right now, and I'm sure you can tell by my other posts. But I'm not ready to talk about it yet. If anybody knows who I am it would be good to know... Maybe you could pass it along to me?

1 Responses to “Sigur Rós...”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    >> I'll see if Spin would be gracious enough to let me post yet another MP3 on his server so I can link to it here. <<

    Oh come on! Do you even need to ask? We all know that Spin is hoarding hundreds of terabytes of storage in his basement. ... We won't even get into his bandwidth and "pipes". ;)

    As for who you are...

    You are a random Tech. Support dude in Utah... much like myself. Also, you are very gracious and humble. Hopefully the tides will change and you can acquire a seat on the other side of the wall. ... It's fun to raise some hell.  

Post a Comment


The Web This Blog

Music Pick

  • Spill Canvas
  • One Fell Swoop - 08.09.2005
  • So these songs were pretty good. I have always respected the opinions of my friends when it comes to new music, and again I was not let down when I was told to listen to this band. I don’t think you will be either.

Song of The Moment

  • Spill Canvas - Self-Conclusion

Flickr Pics

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from spaceboyx96 tagged with Badge. Make your own badge here.





My Stylin' RSS Feed

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates




© 2006 Kr5istofer's Thoughts | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.