Kr5istofer's Thoughts


update.exe

So I need to update apparently. Let's see, what have I done lately?...

...nothing...

It has been boring here lately. All I do is work on computers which is fun, but I can't do it on the weekends or in the evenings. I do it all day then all night??? Not a chance so I have been taking a break from my geekness. However I do have to tell you about my geekness for just a sec. Curtis recommended a program called Media Portal. It's basically a program designed to run and manage all your songs and movies. This one happens to be an open source program, which means that if I ever decide to become really geeky I can add and change the program as desired. Like for instance, I want the album art from the MP3 file to display in the window that the Visualization stuff goes. I don't usually like watching that anyway, and I would much rather see the art work. I just need to get off my ass and re-learn all the C++ I learned in high school. I don't even know if that is what they are writing in anymore. Aside from being open source the program has a few cool features like Weather and Radio. I can setup a zip code and it will display the 5 day forecast for any city. I have Parker CO, Orem, and Buenos Aries weather available to me whenever I feel like laughing at the Argentine people. On the Radio thing it is sweet. I set it up to stream X96 to my TV so I can still listen to what is happening in the music scene back in Utah. I have been encoding all my movies to DivX in my spare time so I can house them all on that computer. I spent most my day on Saturday encoding Rescue Me Season 2. Good show I might add. I need to get Nip/Tuck now and then I'll be done with my FX TV shows. But I have a feeling that Cartoon Network shows will keep me busy for a while.

Okay done with the geeking.

I had my last visit with my councilor last week. I think It helped me not to feel hopeless, so I'm not really depressed anymore. I haven't been to church since the bishop said that he thinks I'm ready to end my probation. That's a long story and I don't feel like telling you if you don't know it. Sorry. But I hope that I can find the motivation to go to church regularly so I can be free of this burden. Plus maybe go to the Temple for my birthday.

I haven't been able to write music lately, I think I'm trying too hard. I just need to sit back and let it flow like I used to. I want so bad to be successful in the since where I feel like my songs are good. I don't have to have other people tell me, but I need to feel it myself. I wrote a riff last night that was awesome, but I don't know where to go with it. I can do brilliant things with other peoples songs, but not my own. I think I'll piss off my neighbors tonight and break out my electric guitar.

My hair is longer then it has been in 10 years. The last time my hair was this long my dad shaved my head for being an asshole. It was cool, and it didn't work because I liked it and kept my hair short. I have tried a few times before to grow my hair long in the last year or so but gave up all the time during the ugly phase. So now I decided I don't have anyone to impress so I will just let it go through the ugly phase and hit the long and hot phase. I'm almost there, just 2 more weeks. I decided that I looked gay (literally) with long hair and a trimmed goatee, so I shaved it off last night. It was sort of a 'have to' situation though. I have been thinking about it for a long time, and I think it will be good motivation to continue working out so I can get rid of my double chin. However last night as I was shaving normally I slipped with the trimmer and... sad day... had to get rid of it. It feels so weird when the wind blows and I can feel it on my chin. I think I continue shaving it now, but we'll see how I like the long hair. Oooo, just had a thought... maybe I can dye my hair now? Would Black be bad?

4 Responses to “update.exe”

  1. # Blogger Gubi

    That is awesome man. I pretty much keep my hair, sorta long and sorta short. Although, I think I would have to see a picture before you shaved to tell you if you looked gay. I am trying to imagin, but whatever. I think it was last week that I grew a beard.. Rachel made me shave it off becuase she was getting scrapped when I kissed her. I dont really notice much of a difference when I do or dont have any hair on my chin. Never really thought about it.

    Anyway, great to hear from you. Later  

  2. # Blogger Mydinger

    Great update. Hope you find your modavation to return to church, My was my wife ;)  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Speeking of music... how has putting a secont guitar to that song that I sent you come along?.... I have already started another one.

    skiv  

  4. # Blogger Victor

    You are getting really close to line of metrosexuality. Be a real man and get some obsidian, chip it so that its sharp and shave your head. Sure it'll bleed and probably take chunks out of your scalp, but you'll be a real man with scars. Just kidding :-)
    Stay cool, go to sunday school.  

Post a Comment


The Web This Blog

Music Pick

  • Spill Canvas
  • One Fell Swoop - 08.09.2005
  • So these songs were pretty good. I have always respected the opinions of my friends when it comes to new music, and again I was not let down when I was told to listen to this band. I don’t think you will be either.

Song of The Moment

  • Spill Canvas - Self-Conclusion

Flickr Pics

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from spaceboyx96 tagged with Badge. Make your own badge here.





My Stylin' RSS Feed

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates




© 2006 Kr5istofer's Thoughts | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.